Linking up with a fantastic group of bloggers... Alabama Women Bloggers! Here are the self-interview questions for June!
1. What part of the state do you call home? I currently live in Nowhere, Alabama, somewhere along I65 close to the Tennessee state line, but I will always call The Shoals home. I was born there, went to high school and college there, had my first apartment & bought my first home there, and even got married there (but left the ex there!) Don't wanna go back except to visit :)
2. How long have you been blogging? Since March 30th, a whopping 3 months!
3. Why did you start blogging? I've always wanted to document my "bad luck" events, but thought it would be a book. Then I started reading blogs and thought that would be a great way to share my experiences!
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community? I love being able to find local bloggers so easily. If you make a great friend connection, you're within driving distance if you wanna grab Starbucks!
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Done with grad school, working with a company I love, hopefully married and ready to have babies! And living who knows where!
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why? I don't keep up with actors/actresses that well, but I've had people say I look like Ashley Judd and she's pretty awesome (Double Jeopardy is the shit). I don't see it though... what do you think?
But my life is definitely a comedy, so maybe Jenn Anniston or Jenn Garner (is Jenn a coincidence here? I think not.)
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die? I don't have a "bucket list". I just kinda live day by day. There's a ton of places I want to visit: NYC, Vegas (again), Charleston, and Italy. I want to retire and travel across the US in an RV with my dogs. I would love to do something adventurous like bungee jumping or whitewater rafting or skydiving. I also want to start my own dog rescue.
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why? Hmm.. either my brain or my heart. I pride myself on being a smart, educated woman. And I also have a huge heart and believe in second
9. Describe the best moment in your life. I think you're supposed to say you're wedding day, but I got a divorce. I would say the day I got divorced, but that was a very difficult time in my life. So I will say the best moments of my life are still happening. I'm in love, I just got accepted to a very selective graduate program, and my future is just beginning.
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”? A veterinarian. That's if school or money wasn't an option. I love animals and would love to help them. But I can find other ways to help with my current career path
11. What or who inspires you to blog? I am absolutely over the moon when my inbox gets filled with comments or new followers. I don't even know what to think. I would blog whether anyone read it or not, but the fact that people actually read it inspires me to keep doing it!!
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend? You don't want to eat in Nowhere, Alabama. Especially not Southern Fixin' Buffet. But I would recommend Ricatoni's in the Shoals anyday. In fact, let's go right now!
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have? My family is far from conventional and we didn't have many traditions. Plus, my dad was a northerner who didn't even like grits (blasphemy!) But me & Bobby talk about sun tea and front porch sitting all the time, so those will definitely be southern traditions we bring into our family.
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be? The Tree Stalker - it was one of my first posts, so probably not the best written, your writing definitely evolves!, but the story cannot be made up.
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you! Twitter // Pinterest // Instagram // BlogLovin
Linking up with these blog hops as well!